Swear BuysBeauty Products I Swear By June 12, 2016
Makeup is something most women have experimented with during the course of their lives. From childhood memories of dipping into mummy’s handbag and smearing lipstick all over the face, to romantic date nights filled with desires of leaving an impeccable impression on our suitor
Or perhaps, those mornings you wake up thinking ‘I really want a different look today,’ for an extra boost of confidence at the office or as a way to make a powerful statement.Whatever it may be, the makeup bag is a silent confidant that accompanies us through different scenarios when we are in need of a little ‘pick me up.’
Either by introducing a new product to our daily makeup routine or opting for a full beauty revamp. It is the one thing we can rely on during those moments when we’re ready to step out into the world.
Over the years, I have had the pleasure and misfortune of trying out various beauty products. Some have been fantastic yet others have left my skin dry, dehydrated and lifeless.With a lot of trial and error, I have finally found my ‘one’ in products that not only rejuvenate my skin but leave a lasting, healthy and radiant glow.
1. Skin Care – No 7The secret to healthy skin is hydration. Drink plenty of water, incorporate some natural vitamins (Vitamin E, Omega 3) into your daily intake and use products that retain moisture to your skin while working as an anti-ageing cream.
No 7’s Early Defence night cream is designed for twenty to thirty-five-year-olds and helps boost the skin’s natural defence to promote a much younger and replenished look.Over the seven years I have used this cream, my skin has never experienced any dryness and it is exceptionally great during harsh winter months.It is great for keeping the wrinkles at bay and gives me a much youthful feel to my skin.
2. Skin Care – YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum At thirty years old, skin care is becoming more important than ever before. The plan has always been to stay away from needles and unnecessary cosmetic procedure by investing in effective anti-ageing products that protect my skin from external agers.YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum contains the highest concentration of Glycanactif formulated to help restore the skin’s firmness and is particularly good for hydration.
Despite the price of £65, I would highly recommend treating yourself when you can, as it gives you a great value for money and can last for several months as there is no need to use too much of it at any given point.Use only a drop, before applying your makeup to give your skin a healthy, radiant glow and protect your it when out and about.
3. Coverage – Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder
A personal favourite of mine, Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder SPF 10 is my number one go-to power for excellent coverage and a continuous long-lasting, flawless finish.
Its lightness is perfect for any season as it is not too heavy on skin or leaves it feeling dry.
Great as an investment and can last anything from three to four months at a time because once you have applied there is hardly any need for a retouch.
4. Coverage – Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat FoundationNaturalness is an aspect of foundation I always try to look for when making purchases and Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation gives me just that.
Its weightlessness gives an illusion of wearing a second skin and the texture evens my complexion – It helps conceal my imperfections.My tip is to use a small drop each time you apply to encourage your skin to feel fresher even while wearing makeup. You can always add a second layer when needed, perhaps during evening occasions.
5. Lips – YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy StainA subtle way to dramatically change your look is by introducing different lipsticks and lip glosses.With cold winds and rain accompanying me every time I step out the door, my main aim is to protect my lips from cracking and keep them moist.For this time of the year, I rely on YSL’s Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain. With a formula as high in moisturiser as it is in pigment, the texture and shine of this gloss is extremely long lasting – great for lips.
6. Lips – Sleek Makeup True Colour Matte LipstickProbably the best matte lipstick I have ever used, Sleek’s True Colour Matte Lipstick gives a sophisticated and beautifully textured finish. It comes with a host of desirable shades and at the price of £4.99, is the perfect bargain.
7. Cheeks – Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush
Rosey glowing cheeks anyone? Estee Lauder Pure Colour Blusher is a great way to add a bit of colour without looking overdone. Ideal for any time of the day and remains flattering during any season, throughout the year.
8. Nails – L’Oreal Color Riche
Well, groomed nails are the secret to looking effortlessly chic without the hefty price tag. At £4.99, L’Oreal’s Colour Riche collection will give your nails a nice silky finish with a rich beautiful colour.
After recently discovering the wide spectrum of shades a few months ago, I was immediately hooked. The colour is long lasting, dries within minutes of application and the bottle is beautifully packaged. These polishes remain unrivalled. imgs via: @intothegloss | @pinterest
Shop The Beauty Products